For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

TrackIR

TrackIR

Postby epsilonion » 04 Apr 2015, 08:18

I am wondering if it would be possible to include TrackIR as a module of the skyline engine?
This system is used by simulation, serious gamers and has been adopted by some of the big AAA companies (titles such as the Arma games, flight simulators, driving games, combat games and simulators in general).

It allows you to move your head and the free camera turns to where you are looking in your games with up to 6 points of reference (DOF), apparently the SDK is really easy to implement and I think it would be a unique selling point for Skyline..

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: TrackIR

Postby SolarPortal » 04 Apr 2015, 10:54

yeah, would be good to implement. Just did some quick research on it though and they are apparently very secretive and protective over the SDK as it exposes some propriety information for them. Which means they want you to sign an NDA and send it back to them before they release the SDK to you. It makes it awkward for open source software to integrate it but we are not open source ;) Since it would be an integration into the engine. The .h and .lib files would not be exposed to the end user meaning we might have a good usage case where we could get the SDK for skyline.

I will contact them over the next few weeks and see what we can do :)

Plus again, with this sort of thing. We need the hardware to know the integration is working rather than releasing buggy code that might or might not work.
We are happy to do these sorts of integrations if someone can provide the hardware, but we don't have the equipment or funds lol :P

Good idea though :D
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby epsilonion » 04 Apr 2015, 11:37

lol I know what your talkign about with limited to none funds I am in the same boat here.

I do have a trackIR unit I use for Arma 2, Arma 3, X-plane and many other games, This would be perfect for them to get more games out there that use trackIR and has the potential to boost there sales of the hardware.

I must admit I love playing games with it as it increases the overall quality of the games I play..
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 04 Apr 2015, 11:41

If we do find a way of doing it, then i am sure this is a good possibility for skyline :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Feature Requests