Help and advice for Installing Skylines Toolset

Crash on start up

Crash on start up

Postby lordgarth » 26 May 2017, 19:07

I have downloaded the free version and installed it. Upon starting up the game engine, I get a missing dll error which I downloaded separately and that fixed the d3dx9-43 missing error. Now I just get crashing on start up with no specific error.
lordgarth
Skyline Novice

Skill: Great creative

Re: Crash on start up

Postby lordgarth » 26 May 2017, 19:17

I also wanted to add the question of the free 32 bit version. If it will work on 64 bit computers.

Thankyou
lordgarth
Skyline Novice

Postby epsilonion » 26 May 2017, 23:25

Hi,
Yes the 32bit one does work on a 64bit computer its what I am running now (but not the free version).

While your waiting for a reply from the dev's can you supply some more information such as OS version, it may also narrow down the time it takes to find a solution if you zip up some log files for them.

in The install Directory: C:\Aurasoft UK\Skyline Game Engine\Skyline - Gen2\Win32_Release or where ever you install skyline.

zip up the following files and upload to this forum thread:

• Skyline_TechSupport
  • Skyline_HardwareCaps
  • Skyline.txt
  • Skyline FBX Log - Skyline FBX Converter

These are the standard log files that we upload to help find bugs etc.

I would try: download and run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer on your computer and then try to start SGE again.
This way your getting the official version of the files and not some off another site, not only that it may have not install other files properly.

Here’s the download link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager

Postby SolarPortal » 27 May 2017, 13:33

Hi lordgarth and welcome to the forums :)

Yes 32 bit will work on 64bit and as for the crashes; please could you send the logs that epsilonion mentioned and if possible use dependency walker(x86) to check where the errors are and report back :)

If you need help using the dependency walker, then please let us know as we can help you run through it.
http://www.dependencywalker.com/
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Installation