Help and advice for Installing Skylines Toolset

Trend Micro false positive for Skyline install

Trend Micro false positive for Skyline install

Postby g097103 » 08 Jun 2017, 21:39

Is anyone else having issues with their install because of anti-malware. Trend Micro is flagging the Skyline Free as malware and deleting the files. Tried it twice as noted below. Fortunately I have an extensive Infosec background and could determine it was a false positive based a misguided heuristics indicator. Anyone else seeing this?

I have to admit, this is one nice package. I'm starting to use it as the engine for a simulator I'm working on. Probably be moving to the commercial version when 2 comes out.

C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Skyline_Free_Version.zip\Skyline Free Version.exe HEU_AEGISCS937 Removed
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Skyline_Free_Version.zip\Skyline Free Version.exe HEU_AEGISCS937 Removed
g097103
Skyline Novice

Re: Trend Micro false positive for Skyline install

Postby SolarPortal » 08 Jun 2017, 21:50

Hi g097103, Welcome to the forums :) We are pleased that you are enjoying skyline!

Thanks for the information about the false positive. We can assure you that if you got the software from our site, then it will contain no malware as you have seen. It would be nice to know how to stop the false positives though... any ideas?
Skyline isn't a heavily known software so that could be part of the reason it happens..

Anyway, Gen2 is coming along well, just finishing up features and making sure we can get it running on as many windows OS platforms as possible. If you do happen to purchase the commercial version, then you can join in the private alpha testing program for Gen2. Please note that the engine is in development though and is missing a couple features still and currently cant export to stand alone however this will be done in the next couple months :) But the engine is already performing far better than Gen1 does and is much more stable!

Thanks for stopping by!
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Re: Trend Micro false positive for Skyline install

Postby Shando » 09 Jun 2017, 09:57

Hi g097103 and welcome :)

I think it might be a case of the recent spate of malware getting the "defenders" a bit jittery. I recently downloaded and used a retro gaming program for a couple of days and suddenly Malwarebytes told me it was Ransomware and deleted it (even though it always runs a scan when I boot my laptop and hadn't complained previously)!

Back on to Skyline, I can highly recommend going Pro and buying the Commercial version, as Gen 2 has so many cool new features compared to Gen 1 (though, as SP said, it does have a few missing still, but knowing the Devs these won't be too far away) 8-)

Have fun and if you need any assistance, just post. This forum is very friendly, very helpful and spread across a few timezones.

Regards

Shando
Ryzen 7 4800H 16GB GTX1650 Win 11 64
Love, Hope, Strength http://www.lovehopestrength.co.uk
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Programmer
Skill: Scripter
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Installation