Help and advice for Installing Skylines Toolset

Won't run on my windows xp [SOLVED]

Re: Won't run on my windows xp

Postby materene » 25 Sep 2013, 15:53

I had already tried lower terrain settings thinking a memory issue was causing this. The quality of the video degenerated from what it was recorded but in that command box that runs I noticed it writing that a file was missing, I'' ll run it later and write down exactly what it says since it re occurs each run. I must get a couple hard drives and after I do that I can move over to another machine and try it in windows 7, it would probably be more helpful to do that anyway since 2014 is the end of XP as we know it. No more security upgrades after 2014 so it will slowly disappear, too bad I like XP much better than these newer systems. I tried loading on an XP pro machine but my resources are too low on that machine, poor everything and I only use it for downloading and storage. In the coming months I'll be trying it on windows 7. I should have a pretty good feel for it after doing all the reading and watching the videos. Unfortunately I had a graphics card failure in this machine and it was necessary to move my better card to here, so it left my windows 7 machine with an onboard card, the hard drive is full of more storage :D so I would need the two devices to move to windows 7, soon :(
materene
Skyline Apprentice

Postby StarFire » 25 Sep 2013, 17:26

We once refused to move to a newer OS as we were happy with it the way it was, "if it is not broken why need to fix it" was our motto. But finally we bit the bullet and are now on win 7 and are very happy with it, but still refuse to move to win 8 lol :lol:
Once you get a newer OS you will find less problems with Skyline, we hope :roll:
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby iamcheeseontoast » 27 Sep 2013, 22:48

Getting them to go to 64bit might take a while LOLOLOL
iamcheeseontoast
Skyline Contributor
Skyline Contributor

Postby SolarPortal » 28 Sep 2013, 11:39

lol, its getting closer :P
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby materene » 02 Mar 2014, 02:56

Since my last post I finally moved to win 7 using two machines, one 64 bit and this one 32, I am downloading the engine now and will see if all goes well. I thought it was time to make the move seeing how XP will be completely forgotten in a couple months. Win 7 is alright but I have been fighting a very bad audio stutter in some streamed media, it seems to be browser choice and flash problems. I did manage to get the stutter out of one of my websites I use daily. I'm hoping skyline will play well with win 7. Got the same hardware as I had with XP with the exception of a newer audio card, win 7 had no driver support for the creative live drive 5.1 , so being the big spender I am I immediately threw 17 dollars on the counter and bought an Audigy SE 24 bit card, which by the way is also out of service from creative ;0) but it does sound nice. :lol:
materene
Skyline Apprentice

Postby StarFire » 02 Mar 2014, 17:54

Great to hear you have a new system to play with, Hope it serves you well. :D
We have a new update of Skyline due to be released very soon so once you are up and running there will be some new toys to play with and many crash fixes.
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative

Postby Shando » 03 Mar 2014, 07:32

Hi materene,

I'm hoping skyline will play well with win 7

I don't know about Win 7, but it works just fine on Win 8 (so 7 should be a breeze ;) )

new toys to play with
:P :P :P

Regards

Shando
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Scripter

Re: Won't run on my windows xp [SOLVED]

Postby StarFire » 16 Jul 2014, 15:05