This is where active bugs can be seen and where to post a new bug.

Bug Terrain Paint Layers

Bug Terrain Paint Layers

Postby epsilonion » 15 Dec 2017, 10:53

When adding textures it does not update the name of the the texture in the layer properties panel when a new texture is selected.

Auto Paint even thought there are options for the auto paint in the Layer properties, out of the box the settings should give a better result like it did in gen 1.

i.e. add layers sand, grass rock etc etc, click auto paint without having to edit the settings to get a decent result.

Having it just work like it did in gen1 (out of the box) is so much better when you have new users and even people looking at the free version to see if they want to buy, most tutorials will use the layers starting form sand, grass, mulch, rock etc etc so having it setup like that and producing the results would be great, I know its just a few properties that need adjusting but thinking as a new user this would be much better.
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: Bug Terrain Paint Layers

Postby SolarPortal » 15 Dec 2017, 17:55

the names are now showing after changing [Fixed]

we have added another 2 terrain paint setups to the game objects:
Clipboard Image.jpg
Clipboard Image.jpg (37.28 KiB) Viewed 2775 times

I will look at the default generated option to make sure it loads with something when created rather than the grid :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Active / New Bugs