This is where active bugs can be seen and where to post a new bug.

Export bugs

Export bugs

Postby SpiderMack » 16 Dec 2017, 23:41

Hi,

I exported the game, and the console shows many errors and lot of warnings.

SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Scripter

Re: Export bugs

Postby SolarPortal » 17 Dec 2017, 12:45

The warnings are not that bad, basically they are saying that the asset was found in the global resource group rather than a locatable asset by path.. This can lead to the exporter / resource collector getting a different asset that has the same name from a different folder.

However, what were the errors you go, these are usually that an asset could not be found :P

A game should have still been exported and can be located in the "Asset Library/_Compiled Games"
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Postby SpiderMack » 17 Dec 2017, 14:27

SolarPortal wrote:The warnings are not that bad, basically they are saying that the asset was found in the global resource group rather than a locatable asset by path.. This can lead to the exporter / resource collector getting a different asset that has the same name from a different folder.

However, what were the errors you go, these are usually that an asset could not be found :P

A game should have still been exported and can be located in the "Asset Library/_Compiled Games"

What assets are exported ? All assets included in all scenes ?
Or only assets used in scenes that are used in the project ?
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Postby SolarPortal » 17 Dec 2017, 15:02

The assets that are exported are the ones used in the scenes added to the game manager and any assets in the project if you are using a project.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby SpiderMack » 18 Dec 2017, 13:14

SolarPortal wrote:The assets that are exported are the ones used in the scenes added to the game manager and any assets in the project if you are using a project.

I'll try again.
Testing the exported game i noticed there is a loading screen , a menu screen already , that's great.
It will need some video tutorial later showing how to customize loading screens between scenes or how to display a "save load main title" menu in game.

Also it is possible to have a 3D scene and effects instead of picture for the main menu ? Like moving galaxy and starts or some outdoor view ?
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Postby planetX » 18 Dec 2017, 14:03

SpiderMack wrote:Also it is possible to have a 3D scene and effects instead of picture for the main menu ? Like moving galaxy and starts or some outdoor view ?

Yes, you just have to remove/comment the markup block related to the background image inside the .rml file.

My specs: Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz - 16 Gb ram DDR4 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 Gb

planetX
Skyline Contributor
Skyline Contributor

Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 18 Dec 2017, 19:22

The game manager lets you control what happens from the moment the engine is booted. This includes what levels/scenes to load or what GUI's to display. All we have done is created a default game manager script and menu that was designed by @planetX to make it easier for getting going.

All the load and save hookins are already available.

As for background, we plan on making that adjustable from the game manager file just like you can change the menus that are used etc... basically with the game manager, you can make it load in any order you want and display whatever gui you want whether its main menu, pause, or different loading scenes per game. The GUI's for the main/pause menu are set as persistant so they are never destroyed even if another scene is loaded which allows the escape key to work as normal without any load times.

It will need some video tutorial later showing how to customize loading screens between scenes or how to display a "save load main title" menu in game.

same as the rest haha :P

As for 3d scene, well you could write your own game manager that loads a scene with the visuals required and then load the GUI on top and as planetX says, you could copy the GUI files and just comment out the background which would make it transparent.

We have more plans for the end game, but these were a good starting point :)

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Active / New Bugs