This is where fixed bugs can be seen. Please do not post new bugs into this forum, it is purely to see what has been fixed and most topics will be locked.

Particle

Particle

Postby TattieBoJangle » 24 Apr 2015, 14:19

Not sure if this is a bug but it may need looked at when using Particles and you place 2 on the scene it doesn't show the options for both just the first one you placed down for example the spaceship i placed in had 2 trails if i changed the settings on 1 then clicked on the second to match the settings it only shows the settings for the first one if you know what i mean lol
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Re: Particle

Postby SolarPortal » 24 Apr 2015, 15:16

Aren't they both the same file which means their properties would be the same.
Have you remembered to press the reset button?

Maybe a video will help me understand what you mean :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Postby TattieBoJangle » 24 Apr 2015, 15:44

they are presets i did reset each time but as you can see when i change between effect the values dont change also you will see when editing the first one it edits the second as that was the last one placed

Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby SolarPortal » 24 Apr 2015, 16:25

Thanks for that :)

The particle editor does not change which one you are editing based on the sceneEntity selected.
It loads in the particle to edit with through pressing the "Reset" button on the properties panel.

However, when you have dragged the preset file to the scene. It will have automatically hit the Reset during the entity load as it is part of its properties; which is why you are able to edit the last loaded file.

It's not so much a bug and imcomplete :P But i understand how it can be awkward.
To edit another particle. Select the sceneEntity, then hit "reset", go to particle editor and edit. Save etc...

Hope this makes sense :)

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby TattieBoJangle » 24 Apr 2015, 16:33

how does that work if it is a preset and what if i want the same particle to do different things would i need to save each one out.
shame it doesnt load the info on select for each particle.
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby SolarPortal » 24 Apr 2015, 17:03

A preset is simply an entity from the scene which is saved off. They are both written in the same way.
When a preset is added to the scene, it runs through all properties and sets them up much like the scene load sets all the properties, this includes the "Reset" button in both cases.

When you select an entity from the "scene entity list" panel. It does not run properties and then requires the "Reset" button hit in order activate the particle system to edit a particular particle.

Yes, you are right that in order to have different particle settings, different files need to be used.
It would be a cool feature to be able to do what you are saying though. :)

shame it doesnt load the info on select for each particle.

It could be done, but it was designed so you could fly around the scene placing the particle while editing it, and i am sure we all click off the objects at times or select others by accident ;) lol

There are plenty of improvements that can be made to the particle system and i think this is one of those areas.

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Fixed Bugs