This is where fixed bugs can be seen. Please do not post new bugs into this forum, it is purely to see what has been fixed and most topics will be locked.

RPG Test Level Crashing (FIXED)

RPG Test Level Crashing (FIXED)

Postby Aviva » 03 Feb 2016, 12:58

Hello people,

I'm glad that I found this wonderful piece of software. I created a lot of mods for Bethesda games and am now ready to develop my own. Thus I wanted to check out the RPG Test level, but somehow I don't get it to work. The screen keeps flickering when I try to play it and the player just crashes after a minute or so. Am I doing something wrong or is this a know issue?

Thanks is advance.
Aviva
Skyline Novice

Skill: Programmer
Skill: Scripter
Skill: Level Designer

Re: RPG Test Level Crashing

Postby TattieBoJangle » 03 Feb 2016, 13:25

Hi Aviva and welcome yea sometimes the demos can play up due to them being built on an early beta and with many things being upgrading and replaced sometimes they can crash does it work ok when you test your own level :)
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Great creative

Postby Aviva » 03 Feb 2016, 13:30

It seems to work perfectly when I try to create my own things. Though it would be great to have an example HUD, GUI, Enemy AI etc. to start with and explore the way it's done in Skyline. Can you think of way to find some templates so that I can play around with them a little?
Aviva
Skyline Novice

Skill: Scripter

Postby SolarPortal » 03 Feb 2016, 14:24

Hello Aviva and Welcome to the Skyline Game Engine Forums :D Sounds like you are going to make some cool demos and levels :)

I can look into getting a working Melee Template for you. But the script and code used in that template is out of date as Tattie has mentioned.

In the "Asset Library/Scripts/Combination Scripts" folder, you will find the most recent melee scripts for characters or fleeing scripts for animals.

To use these scripts, please check out these blog posts and watch the videos:
http://blog.aurasoft-skyline.co.uk/ai-dynamic-scripts-progress/

The game mechanics folders is currently being built to provide a large source of usable AI and other game mechanics, but it is still early days for the engine. We also have new plans beginning to make it easier to use and find all these scripts and mechanics to quickly put levels together.

To use GUI's and script, there are several tech demos found in the
"Asset Library/Scenes/Tech Demos/GUI" folder.
Their corresponding gui files are found in the "Asset Library/GUI/Tech Demo".

Hope this helps :D

p.s. It is an exciting time to join us as we are upgrading the renderer in the background to have improved visuals and as from yesterdays performance tests, the new version(not releasing for a while!!) are running skyline at 2x-4x the current speed with dynamic characters and animations.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist

Return to Fixed Bugs