This is where fixed bugs can be seen. Please do not post new bugs into this forum, it is purely to see what has been fixed and most topics will be locked.

Anyone have this same issue since update? (FIXED)

Anyone have this same issue since update? (FIXED)

Postby Sage1969 » 03 Jul 2016, 22:20

So when I start Skyline since the last update and try to load any of my saved scenes a window pops up that says that skyline has not yet created the required 'Asset Based Resource File' and when I click the OK button on the window it closes but then Skyline crashes. Things loaded and worked the very night before the update but since Skyline updated I have not been able to load any saved scenes even the default scene.

However, I can start a new scene, manually save it (even auto saves) immediately shut down and restart Skyline and try to reload that same scene from 30 seconds before and it again shows the resource file error from above and crashes Skyline. I have working with these same scenes for months (loading, saving and reloading) without issue and hoping someone else can shed light on this issue I am having.

P.S. Can I adjust how often the "Auto Save" saves, like change it to 15 min as every 5 is a bit much? If it is out there I have somehow missed it.
Sage1969
Skyline Ensen

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Great creative

Re: Anyone have this same issue since update?

Postby Shando » 04 Jul 2016, 01:20

Hey buddy,

I can load/save fine.

Firstly, which version of Skyline are you running, and what are your system specs?

Secondly, can you upload both the "Skyline.log" & "Skyline_TechSupport.txt" files (from the "SkylineSDK/Skyline/WinXX_Release" folder, where XX is either 32 or 64 depending on your version), as they might give some idea of what is going wrong?

Thanks

Shando

PS: I haven't come across an option to change the auto-save either.
Ryzen 7 4800H 16GB GTX1650 Win 11 64
Love, Hope, Strength http://www.lovehopestrength.co.uk
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Programmer
Skill: Scripter

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 04 Jul 2016, 02:03

I do not like the AutoSave either....I wish I could turn it off...Autosave is OK in some situations....But not in mine....I make a lot of changes and do not want them saved....
Thanks, CreativeOcclusion
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby SolarPortal » 04 Jul 2016, 16:58

Autosave saves to a completely different file located in the data directory and does not overwrite your main scene file. This is too help not lose work when skyline may crash.
We can look into adjusting the autosave for you with an timer adjustment and turn on/off feature.

@Sage1969, sorry to hear your problems. Have you tried Deleting the resource files located I the data folder. Just leave the one with Base In the name. Then reboot skyline.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Return to Fixed Bugs