This is where fixed bugs can be seen. Please do not post new bugs into this forum, it is purely to see what has been fixed and most topics will be locked.

0.6.8 Couple of Bugs

Re: 0.6.8 Couple of Bugs

Postby vovchik7ful » 21 Sep 2013, 17:43

Ellement converting from FBX into .mesh is available in NeoAxis 1.32, you can download the non-commercial SDK and use of its resource editor (as a solution to the problem).
vovchik7ful
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 21 Sep 2013, 17:49

@Ellement: ahh i see. you wish to use the asset pipeline for the rapid development which was released this version, but because you have to keep importing the asset manually it takes alot of time.

i can take a look into this as it seems to be a slight floor in the asset import system if meshes are not .mesh lol.

@vovchik7ful: have you managed to solve your problem from the last post or is there more to look into? :P
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby vovchik7ful » 21 Sep 2013, 17:58

@vovchik7ful: have you managed to solve your problem from the last post or is there more to look into? :P

Now downloading 0.6.6 for the test with the version 0.6.8 the problem persists. I think the problem is compatibility with the hardware from AMD, based his opinion on his own experience. :)
vovchik7ful
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 21 Sep 2013, 19:08

i think the problem will persist even on older versions.

Did you try the new scene button? and moving around without placing any camera in the scene.
Skyline starts with a blank scene and an editor camera that you can move instantly.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby vovchik7ful » 21 Sep 2013, 22:42

i think the problem will persist even on older versions.

Did you try the new scene button? and moving around without placing any camera in the scene.
Skyline starts with a blank scene and an editor camera that you can move instantly.

Yeah tried it, but the plane with texture tiles and a watermark in the corner of the 3d view does not appear.
vovchik7ful
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 22 Sep 2013, 12:20

@vovchik7ful: that sounds like the post fx are not supported on your GFX card, this is an issue many others have faced.
To simply fix your new scene, disable the tonemap2 and SSAO type1(crease shading).

Or

When skyline loads up and without loading a scene or creating a new scene, add a "Ground - plane (P)" and a "light - Directional" to the scene from the entity presets panel, located in the bottom left of the editor.
You will have no post fx enabled which will allow you to see if you can move around and click on the screen.

EDIT:
If postFx are breaking, then it might explain why you couldn't load certain tech demos and why you couldn't click, because the screen freezes as certain postfx are loaded, particulary ones that use a depth buffer.
for example, the island road demo used tonemap 2 and motion blur, which might allow you to see that scene.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby vovchik7ful » 22 Sep 2013, 17:34

Strange, but in NeoAxis, which uses Ogre for rendering, I have everything worked fine with all of the post-effects including depth of field and blur effect? :?
vovchik7ful
Skyline Novice

Postby StarFire » 25 Sep 2013, 11:09

Hmm not sure what is happening :?

Have you tried to add a ground plane and light from the right click menu on a fresh load of Skyline?

This would prove whether your system can use cg shaders. I believe Neoaxis uses a different shader system to Skyline. We have developed Skyline to work with industry standard shader code and only implemented cg so far, we will be adding glsl and hlsl at some point.

If you can load the ground plane and light from the rmb menu this will prove that cg works or fails on your system. ;)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative

Previous

Return to Fixed Bugs