This is where fixed bugs can be seen. Please do not post new bugs into this forum, it is purely to see what has been fixed and most topics will be locked.

Radial Blur 2 Crash

Radial Blur 2 Crash

Postby macklebee » 21 Sep 2013, 03:29

In version 0.6.8, if you click radial blur2 from the post-processing tab it immediately causes a runtime error and crashes the editor. I have tried it with objects in a scene and with a blank scene - same results.
macklebee
Skyline Novice

Re: Radial Blur 2 Crash

Postby StarFire » 21 Sep 2013, 11:07

The post effects are still in a development phase denoted by the "**DEV**" in the tab title. Any area in skyline that requires further development and may be unstable has been flagged with this "**DEV**" text. These features will be usable but may not be effective on all gpu types.

We are running GTX460 and all of the post effects run fine but certain cards cannot use the cg post shaders.

In the next development phase we are looking to remove the post effects from the lower location and add them to the Post effect panel ( RMB - last menu entry)
and improve how the effects can run also adding lua access to them. In this Post effect upgrade we will try to get the effects running on as many gpu card types as we can, at least the main common set of cards.

Sorry I can not be of more assistance for now.

BTW: can you access the other post effects?
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby macklebee » 21 Sep 2013, 14:43

ah sorry - just thought i'd mention it.

i am using a GTX590 and all of the other ones appear to work - or at least not cause a crash.
macklebee
Skyline Novice

Postby StarFire » 21 Sep 2013, 15:17

Not a problem, good to see you are testing other features :)

Your gfx card should be fine, pleased to hear the others work or at least don't crash ;)

I will make a post once we start to work on the post effects as your help will be needed for testing, so that we can find out why this effect crashes your system. :)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Fixed Bugs