This is where fixed bugs can be seen. Please do not post new bugs into this forum, it is purely to see what has been fixed and most topics will be locked.

Attaching Entities (FIXED)

Attaching Entities (FIXED)

Postby SolarPortal » 11 Dec 2016, 02:03

Hey guys, thought i would give you the heads up. When attaching empty nodes or lights to other entities, the gizmo seems to have stopped moving the actual node and you have to use the translation tool instead.

There are also strange rotation issues after playing and stopping.

Not sure if this one will make it into the release yet, but we shall see what happens. :)

I have fixed a bug where the empty node particle was not creating the icons, and fixed the entity attach for not using an empty node correctly :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Re: Attaching Entities (ACTIVE)

Postby SolarPortal » 12 Dec 2016, 14:58

The attach Entity action has had some serious improvements and now works as expected for most entity types, be it lights, models or empty nodes. I havent tested cameras, but dont see why they wouldn't work.

We have also improved the positioning as previously, when attaching something, it would move once attached and need repositioned. This no longer happens and stays where you positioned it for easier use, same with the orientation.

Another bug fixed was if the model was rotated, on stop the attached entities would ap[ply an incorrect rotation. I suffered this with car headliights. Now rotations are correct and return to the correct state.

Also fixed, detaching something from the action which was not working at all due to other catches stopping it working.

Couldn't believe how broken it was, but it seems alot better now :) I am sure this will help a few with attaching particles to things atm, wink.. wink.. you know who you are lol :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Fixed Bugs