This is where fixed bugs can be seen. Please do not post new bugs into this forum, it is purely to see what has been fixed and most topics will be locked.

Spline Paths [FIXED]

Spline Paths [FIXED]

Postby epsilonion » 11 May 2017, 22:42

Hi,
I am doing a menu that when you press button 1 (New Game) a camera follows a path and looks at a object.
press button 2 and it follows a path to another object and looks at it etc.

The problem I am facing in this test is that at the end of the path the camera faces away from the object at the end of the path and looks back upon the path it has just transversed.

I plan on having a camera and path for each menu Item and to replace the placeholder objects with better ones.. :D
A better way of doing thin would be instead of having a path and camera for each menu item would to be able to assign paths to a camera.

When going back to the main menu from a sub menu it would be ideal to be able to reverse path and to make the camera look in the original direction.

Also I have in the scene script show cursor and since I have put that in I can no longer select path nodes.

epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: Spline Paths

Postby SolarPortal » 11 May 2017, 22:59

So, first one... cameras bouncing back on itself at the end of the path. This could quite easily be a bug or the path spline path setting is not set to Line path. But if it is a bug, well cameras are supposed to stop at the end of the track but they cant find the next node to lerp to, so it grabs the first one thinking its a circle; this is why i asked if its set to line path instead of circle path.

A way around this for now is to add an extra node that extends the path a bit more and use a sensor or trigger volume to stop the camera moving using that trigger volume.

As for the node not clicking again, StarFire has already told me about this one as she also experienced it the other day. It is caused by the road system being added back in again and the gizmo for secondry edits that are not the main gizmo was rewritten, so this will be fixed asap.

A lua function can be added to control the camera paths a bit easier from the camera.function() library.

Hope this helps :D
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby epsilonion » 12 May 2017, 01:43

Sorry for the late reply.

The spline path is set to line.
I will use the trigger as we discussed months and months back when I had a camera on a spline path zoom into a soldiers head then activates the fps player.. same principle of using a trigger with the camera..

Thank you
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 12 May 2017, 13:45

ok, must be a bug then and will take a look :)
Will look at the spline node editing at the same time.

We have decided we will be doing a release before the upgraded core release as there has been some complications in the upgrade and a few errors caused, so basically got to start from working version again and copy code in without getting the errors.

For now, the camera trigger will get you around it :)

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby SolarPortal » 12 May 2017, 21:51

Spline path nodes can now be selected and moved again :)

Going to look at the camera flipping back at the end of the track.

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby SolarPortal » 13 May 2017, 13:39

The camera flipping at the end of the path has been resolved. Even though the path was set to line, the last node tried to create sub nodes based on the resolution back onto itself causing it to flip back..

currently trying to fix a load lockup with the paths when load the scene.
Edit: Lockup is now fixed and path loading time improved as it only updates the nodes 1 at the end rather than per node being added.

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Fixed Bugs