Show off you work to the community for peer review.

Beginnings of my Skyline Project

Beginnings of my Skyline Project

Postby AuShadow » 02 Jun 2015, 03:13

So I have started to work with Skyline now exclusively for all my game dev. At the moment i'm still creating assets to build up my level but here's a little preview of the starting of a makeshift wooden outpost.

and its all modular so I can expand it as much as I please:

any thoughts?, My next phase is to build walls to surround it
AuShadow
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Great creative

Re: Beginnings of my Skyline Project

Postby ant0N » 04 Jun 2015, 16:16

Hi, AuShadow! ;)
Looks very interesting... Please tell me more about this game.
Sorry for my English. :)
ant0N
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller

Postby AuShadow » 11 Jun 2015, 21:49

Hey, will tell a lot more about it very soon, its based around being a zombie survival game but has a twist to it that makes it very unique. At the moment spending a lot of the very limited amount of computer time I get increasing my modeling abilities and learning to optimize my meshes. It wasn't until I combined a few of the above parts in blender that I noticed where I could save a lot of tri's/Poly's in those models.
AuShadow
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 19 Jun 2015, 16:12

Hi AuShadow,
Very sorry for not responding so far on this thread, but it is great news that you have moved over to skyline for full development time. Those assets are looking pretty cool. I think this could be a very good project that will help promote skyline.

As for the assets, here is a quick overview of how we prepare them for performance.

> Remove all faces of polygons that are not seen
> Try and make as few materials per mesh as possible. As multiple materials slow the engine down due to draw calls.
> If building a larger area, try to keep as many things in one mesh, but if going past a certain size, then split into a few meshes for optimizing when they are off screen. More modular will be better once we have an occlusion culling system.

As for lodding, tattie mentioned about a new lodding service he is willing to do for users :)
Forum Post - Anyone Need Poly reduction

Keep up the good work!
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Projects