Show off you work to the community for peer review.

primer prollecto

primer prollecto

Postby mgondolf » 19 May 2016, 11:59

primera semana en skyline proyecto arpg
resultados:

3 personajes
mapa con reliebe
y personaje principal con mobimientos estables

futuras corrciones:
no permite zoom de camara
las animaciones del personaje principal ay que corregirlas por fluidez.
https://youtu.be/7R8G4NZFx8g

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first week skyline ARPG project
results:

3 character
map relief
and main character with stable movements

future corrections :
does not allow zoom camera
animations of the main character to and correct them for fluency.
mgondolf
Skyline Novice

Re: primer prollecto

Postby SolarPortal » 19 May 2016, 12:27

Thank you for posting, i can't fully understand what you are writing and translator is not much help.

I believe you are talking about creating an Action RPG game using skyline and in your first week you have had these results:
There is no Zoom Camera, however this can be achieved using script to adjust the cameras position and FOV. On top if this i think you are wanting a move stable slide between the zooms. Check out the 2D Camera from the RMB menu or use the Player Camera V2 action :)

Stable Character Movements: This can all be made from script or modules quite easily.

Character animations: These can be controlled from script or modules or try to use our Player Controller action and put the animations in the drop down.

Am i correct or close on my guesses? Any additional information will help or try to write it in your native language that translator will work with :)

We will help you the best we can :D

Edit: I will be able to help later or tomorrow as i have a few errands to run :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby SolarPortal » 19 May 2016, 19:21

In the video, can you show me the script or properties of the character or the components you have used to make this character, then we can help as we will know how you have built this :)

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby mgondolf » 20 May 2016, 10:54

gracias por contestar estoi trabajando para reforzar el contenido que ire añadiendo:
en este blog ire escribiendo los abances diarios que balla consiguiendo
respecto al zoom ya estoi trabajando en un script cuando vea que se funcional lo pondre en el asset store
pero lo mas importante que quiero demostrar es como una persona sin apenas conocimientos puede trabajar en skyline y progresar rapidamente y ir haciendo videotutoriales para que crezca la comunidad
muchas gracias por el apollo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for answering I am working to strengthen the content that will be adding :
in this blog I will write daily progress getting fence
compared to zoom I'm already working on a script when you see it put functional in the asset store
but most importantly I want to show is like a person with little knowledge you can work and progress rapidly skyline and whet videotutorial to grow the community
thank you very much for your help
mgondolf
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 20 May 2016, 16:56

Adding more content to the asset store is an excellent idea.

Over the weekend, if i have time... i will try to make a video on setting up a character.
For now, here is some reference:

Character Import (TattieBoJangle Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFuKBjexypM#t=161 (a little out of date, but it shows how to run scripts from the plugin side and setup animations.)

The newer scripts are located in "Asset Library\Scripts\Combination Script\Character Player - Melee"
  • First select your character, go to menu Plugins > Run Script and run the:
    "Asset Library\Scripts\Combination Script\Character Player - Melee\Editor Plugin Script/Plugin_Character_Player_Melee.lua"
  • Then with your character selected, RMB in the scene and choose Add Script > From File and choose:
    "Asset Library\Scripts\Combination Script\Character Player - Melee\Entity External Script/Character_Player_Melee.lua"
  • Then select the second icon from the property panel and you should see a bunch of properties.
    Use the animation mapper to set the animations.
  • You could add either a Player Camera V2 action to the entity or add a 2D fixed Camera from the RMB in scene context menu. There you can make it target the id of the character and choose a custom camera mode to get several different action style cameras.
Hope this helps and i will get a video to you asap :)

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby mgondolf » 22 May 2016, 10:41

SolarPortal wrote:Adding more content to the asset store is an excellent idea.

Over the weekend, if i have time... i will try to make a video on setting up a character.
For now, here is some reference:

Character Import (TattieBoJangle Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFuKBjexypM#t=161 (a little out of date, but it shows how to run scripts from the plugin side and setup animations.)

The newer scripts are located in "Asset Library\Scripts\Combination Script\Character Player - Melee"
  • First select your character, go to menu Plugins > Run Script and run the:
    "Asset Library\Scripts\Combination Script\Character Player - Melee\Editor Plugin Script/Plugin_Character_Player_Melee.lua"
  • Then with your character selected, RMB in the scene and choose Add Script > From File and choose:
    "Asset Library\Scripts\Combination Script\Character Player - Melee\Entity External Script/Character_Player_Melee.lua"
  • Then select the second icon from the property panel and you should see a bunch of properties.
    Use the animation mapper to set the animations.
  • You could add either a Player Camera V2 action to the entity or add a 2D fixed Camera from the RMB in scene context menu. There you can make it target the id of the character and choose a custom camera mode to get several different action style cameras.
Hope this helps and i will get a video to you asap :)

--------
thank and my new video https://youtu.be/UQCkt5LILqo
keep working
soon new results and add improvements you discussed me
Thanks for the support

--------
gracias por todo tu apoyo
seguire trabando incansablemente
estoi añadiendo los consejos que me ofreciste
en breve espero tener un script decente
mgondolf
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 22 May 2016, 17:08

looks like your moving forwards :)

no problem, we are here to help :)

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 22 May 2016, 18:48

Good job mgondolf...Welcome to SkyLine...
Thanks, CreativeOcclusion
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Return to Projects