As the venture in the realm of Shaders and materials you may encounter the odd obstacle. Please post your shader issue for the community to help.

Sliders material useless ?

Sliders material useless ?

Postby SpiderMack » 09 Oct 2017, 12:52

hi,

I have some model and metalli/roughness material.

1) Original material :
I have full white roughness texture and full black metallic texture , the model rendering fully rought with correct colors in Skyline. Fine.

2)New material with Albedo only
Create a new material and only give it albedo texture and use sliders to adjust roughness and metallic.

We should expect the same result using only slider swithout needing textures.
But it doesn't work, whatever sliders values you have it looks strange color and you can't have the same result as original model :(

I think there is some things to adjust about sliders and this materials is ideal to make the good adjustements to get the correct sliders min and max values :)

You can download the test file here :
https://www.sendspace.com/file/zy4x0w
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Scripter

Re: Sliders material useless ?

Postby SolarPortal » 09 Oct 2017, 14:04

a black metallic texture is the same as having the metallic slider all the way to the bottom.
A white roughness texture is the same as having the roughness slider set to 1 or 1000 in the material editor's case.

It also looks like the diffuse colour is yellow on one of the materials which is why it wont look the same.
So i would say you have done it incorrectly and used the system wrong or missed a property.
Here are some pictures:

Clipboard Image.jpg
Clipboard Image.jpg (55.63 KiB) Viewed 7420 times
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Re: Sliders material useless ?

Postby SpiderMack » 09 Oct 2017, 20:10

I checked you are right, i had some yellow color and you can do the same as white and black textures with sliders.

Skyline does good physically based rendering, no more need to check material shader :lol:

The only requests we could have is some new shaders (anisotropic hair , sub surface scattering, cartoon).
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Scripter

Return to Shaders n Materials