For all forum technical support from the community and developers. Free version users are welcome to post here for help and support.

Actual Application Documentation

Actual Application Documentation

Postby r2ks » 17 May 2019, 11:17

Is there any Actual documentation for Skyline? I can not find it when i click on help it takes me to a place that the documentation is very limited?
r2ks
Skyline Ensen

Re: Actual Application Documentation

Postby cassius_b » 17 May 2019, 16:40

You should be getting to the api reference which is quite substantial.
cassius_b
Skyline Ensen

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Programmer

Postby r2ks » 17 May 2019, 18:20

I understand About the API for Lua and Skyline in the application when you click on user Manual this is what you Get ?? is this it for Documentation?? or is because I am using the lite version.

Welcome Traveler

Welcome to the Skyline Game Engine User Manual.

This manual will be kept fun and try not to go into boring depth, we want you to learn from the many hands on examples to guide you on your journey of discovery.

* Simple Explanations
* Hands on experimenting
* Clear examples

 Get Started  Tutorials  Video Tutorials  FAQ
r2ks
Skyline Ensen

Postby StarFire » 18 May 2019, 17:59

Sadly there was very little documentation for previous versions most help came from Tatties video very helpful tutorials. Most of our time is spent in engine development so very little for docs. :oops: We then decided to over haul the product in response to some user requests and in result we have made major changes to the engine interface and work flows. We are getting close to finalising the new gen 3 version and this will be the final look so we can then start creating the much needed documentation. Sorry for any inconvenience but if you have any questions please ask in the forums as we have a few long term proficient uses who will be happy to help out :)
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby r2ks » 19 May 2019, 21:33

Thank you for your Response I am very eager to see the Next Release... Just A FYI All of Tatties videos are no longer working.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1107
r2ks
Skyline Ensen

Postby epsilonion » 20 May 2019, 21:22

r2ks wrote:Thank you for your Response I am very eager to see the Next Release... Just A FYI All of Tatties videos are no longer working.

There are new ones on the horizon that will show the new UI and are more relevant to the look, feel and more up to date...
I haven't spoken to tattie for a while but I think they will be up when the next major update hits.. :P

Hope this helps..
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager

Postby r2ks » 21 May 2019, 03:25

epsilonion wrote:
r2ks wrote:Thank you for your Response I am very eager to see the Next Release... Just A FYI All of Tatties videos are no longer working.

There are new ones on the horizon that will show the new UI and are more relevant to the look, feel and more up to date...
I haven't spoken to tattie for a while but I think they will be up when the next major update hits.. :P

Hope this helps..

I just wanted to Thank you I found your Documentation 54 pages and very Much appreciate it as well as your Videos... GREAT Job as you are aware Documentation can make or brake any product ...This really seems like a great Game Engine I am playing with This Game Engine, Amazon Lumber Yard and Godot the other two are free but i really like this product for some reason...
Again Thank You for getting back to me.
r2ks
Skyline Ensen

Postby epsilonion » 21 May 2019, 15:09

That's no problem, I am happy that you found the documentation I sent you informative although rather outdated now with the new update looming on the horizon.

On the licensing for the game engine, I do know that it is changing and solar portal and starfire will have more information on that topic with the free version been more commercially viable.
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager

Postby SolarPortal » 21 May 2019, 18:16

More information to come in the future, but the Lite version will become commercial license and free meaning you will be able to export your game and sell it using the free version, but it will only have the core features which are sufficient to make a game, but you will be able to pay for extra bells and whistles from the store that some will most likely be available in the pro version out of the box.

Edit: Plus with the free version, there are going to be no strings attached with the commercial license, no royalties and no pay caps, but we hope for support by purchasing extra plugins, tools and assets for the store.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby r2ks » 23 May 2019, 01:29

So is this how you are keeping the License for the Pro version there will still be a splash screen attached?
https://aurasoft-skyline.co.uk/skyline-license-options
r2ks
Skyline Ensen

Postby SolarPortal » 23 May 2019, 13:05

uncertain as of yet as we are still in discussions for licensing, we have currently only nailed the free version which will known as the core version instead of the lite version.

We will be updating the license options page for the public release of the new version.

Whatever we do though, the pro version will always be worth its money :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Skyline User Support