For all forum technical support from the community and developers. Free version users are welcome to post here for help and support.

Can't select an entity with the mouse on scene view

Can't select an entity with the mouse on scene view

Postby JASAILOR » 09 Feb 2020, 19:37

New optimistic user of Skyline

I can't seem to use the mouse to select a supplied entity on the Terrain and Truck scene view. Once I place a provided entity into the scene the only way I can select an entity is using the Entity List. Once selected on the list the engine puts the xyz pointer in the right place on the scene panel, but when I click on it, the xyz pointer disappears and the terrain is highlighted on the list. During the placement of an entity in the scene the mouse pointer is off set from the entity. The mouse works fine in all the other panels on the screen.

I couldn't find any option is the engine that adjusts the mouse off set etc.   I selected the Direct X option at start up and have a NVIDIA  GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics card in the computer.  

Could use your assistance.

Jasailor
JASAILOR
Skyline Novice

Re: Can't select an entity with the mouse on scene view

Postby SolarPortal » 10 Feb 2020, 12:11

Hi, i was the one in the emails, just another question, are you running 4k by any chance?
Have you checked that you are not running the animate mode next to the play button as that can stop selection and placement at times.

Also is there a possibility that you can record a video and upload it to youtube or somewhere and use the forum codes on the post to show the video?

It sounds like a simple problem, but there are many factors at play.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby JASAILOR » 12 Feb 2020, 04:31

SolarPortal,

Yes, indeed it was in 4k mode. I was running it at 4k x 2k (3840 X 1260). I reduced the resolution down to 1080p on the NVIDIA board and it now works fine! Thanks so much for you suggestion.

JASAILOR
JASAILOR
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 12 Feb 2020, 10:38

thats good, there are options in the properties of the .exe for managing high dpi scaling. try enabling those options.
Heres another 4k screen topic: https://www.forum.aurasoft-skyline.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2369&hilit=4k+high+dpi
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby JASAILOR » 13 Feb 2020, 05:46

Thanks for the referral to the other post. Setting the scaling to 100% from 150% fixed it. Unfortunately, now I have to upgrade my "reader" glasses to 2.0 from 1.25. Ah the sacrifice of an aging IT person.

Thanks
JASAILOR
Skyline Novice

Postby cassius_b » 14 Feb 2020, 22:20

I find the windows magnifier usefull with bad eyesight although its irritating to use.
cassius_b
Skyline Ensen

Return to Skyline User Support