Skylines Actions system and presets are the core to your projects dynamic objects. Many Actions can be used in interesting combinations for varying effects, but some times you need help to get the most out of them.

third character controller and Ai scripts

third character controller and Ai scripts

Postby cosmo » 01 Sep 2015, 16:11

Hi,
Sorry, I have several questions to you, concerning the third person controller and the AI scripts…
I hope my requests don't seem to be too much messy or senseless. :oops:

I’ve attached to my actor (from Mixamo) the “character melee – reusable character” script as plug in.
I watched a Tattie tutorial about this method.
But I got some quirk results: for example, if I push spacebar, the character only raises up, instead of jumping (previously I have already setted up every animations in the mapper slots).
And, after I LMB to trigger attack1 (for me: boxing animation), the other animations don’t work any more… :o
By the way, how could I handle the other anims by the keyboard, not by the gamepad?
Is it possible to change the default sound?
I tried with footsteps but the system plays only the default (a simple beep) sound...
With the same actor, but using Actor Editor->Player Camera V2 & PhysiX Player Controller, the basic animations (walk, run, jump) work very fine.

In order to use the AI: where I can found the NPC zombie plug in? In my Asset Library there is only a folder named NPC melee-Dummy…

Thanks and see you soon!
Last edited by cosmo on 01 Sep 2015, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
cosmo
Skyline Initiate

Re: third character controller and Ai scripts

Postby SolarPortal » 01 Sep 2015, 16:30

This is StarFire's domain as she created the scripts, but she is out atm but i am sure she will be happy to answer your questions when back :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby StarFire » 01 Sep 2015, 17:22

Hi Cosmo, no problem all requests are welcome :D

First I recommend that you download the new versions of the script found here:http://www.forum.aurasoft-skyline.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1053#p6250

Hope these new versions of the scripts will solve your problems if not please let me know what remaining issues are left ;)

btw: Change any sounds on the dynamic scripts property panel, first ensure if they are new sounds their folder has been added to the resources. :D
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative

Postby cosmo » 02 Sep 2015, 11:13

Hi StarFire,
thanks for your very kind support!
Well, I followed your advice, dowloading the character_melee scripts and the others, concerning Animal_Ai and NPC_Zombie, the last of which, I will take a glance to in a short time (so I'll sooner become a zombie hunter, maybe... :lol: ).
But... Please be patient, I'd like to ask you one more little help. :roll:
I've summarized my questions as follow:
1) the jump anims attached to my mesh seems not to work properly as I expected. When I push spacebar, the character only rises up vertically...
2) is LMB the key for shooting? Could I change eventually this command in someway?
3)Which is the key for L/R strafe (previously setted up by mapper)? I can't understand how it's possible to trigger this two anims in play mode...

Thank you again!
cosmo
Skyline Initiate

Postby StarFire » 02 Sep 2015, 13:51

Happy to help you cosmo :D

I think there will be a few zombie hunters in Skyline lol us included :lol:

Ok the jump is set to rise vertically with the property "jump force" if you have forward movement it should then jump in a forward direction. ( if you can supply a video of your problem to help solve this issue)

LMB Shooting this is fixed in the Lua script and can be changed by the user, I will look at adding attack activation options. What would you prefer to use as the attack/shoot?

L/R Strafe, this one is being added into the new character shooter script. This has melee and shooting with an option for TP controls( WASD - F/B SL/SR with mouse look and targeting).

If you have any specific character control plans, please let me know as I could set up a variation for your character :D

We do want Skyline to have as many character options or script variations to cover most player and NPC types, just may take a little time :roll:
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby cosmo » 03 Sep 2015, 10:29

Hi,
here we are…
Unfortunately, I'm not yet an expert (lua but not only) coder, like you and your team… :(
But I’d like to become so; or, at least, to be able to improving my skills over time, if it’s possible to myself.
Infact, I’ve tried to tweak the plugin_character_malee by myself but, as expected, it did not work…

Anyway, I’m interested in a general purpose – so to speak - third person controller. My character has attached to plenty of animations: idle, walk, run, jump, boxing, die and so on. I’d like to have a script variation that could handles (via keyboard/gamepad) all that actions, if it’s possible… And, of course, when you are ready to go...

As I wrote in the first post, I was fine setting the character by Action Editor, except that it was not possible to correctly map all the animations.
So, I need a middle ground between the two methods (Action Editor/Dynamic Properties script). :idea:
Thank you so much, kind regards!
cosmo
Skyline Initiate

Postby StarFire » 03 Sep 2015, 14:44

The middle ground would be the editor side script. Eg. the zombie scripts come with two parts one to run as an editor script which adds actions and sets up their properties and the other that provides the character's movement etc.

We are setting up a simple Editor UI that will set up the character with one mouse click, excluding any of the dynamic script properties needed for your character. Should be available soon. :roll:

except that it was not possible to correctly map all the animations.

Do you mean that there is not enough animation slots?

Anyway, I’m interested in a general purpose – so to speak - third person controller.

If you send me your character I can take a look at it for you. ;)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby Gtox » 04 Sep 2015, 16:22

I've been trying out the zombie script (as per Tattie's tutorial) on the Sinbad model and my tiger model, but they don' react to the player at all - Sinbad vibrates on the spot, whilst the tiger just lies fast asleep, tail twitching gently, instead of the expected mauling. I changed the player flag in the FPS kit Player A microscript to 2 (to match the tiger's prey flag), but that didn't work either. Is there something else needed to set this up, not mentioned in the tutorial? It all looked so easy in the video :)

Edit : there are also quite a few LUA errors and Command failed messages in the console, but this includes a particle universe error, so I'm not sure if the errors are relevant.
Gtox
Skyline Padawan

Postby TattieBoJangle » 04 Sep 2015, 17:01

Hi gtox you can pm me the model and I can have a look as well as a video I don't think the Sinbad model isnt a good one to work with as it has some issues.
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby TattieBoJangle » 04 Sep 2015, 20:51

There seems to be a few problems with the model m8 one is the rotation/pivot point as when he runs at you he runs side on ;)

The death animation seems to be deformed could be a bone issue not sure other than that the tiger should be good to go I have packaged it up and saved a prefab so just copy the folder over add to recourses and drag the prefab in.

p.s the frames seem to be large for the amount of animations its sitting at almost 2000 hope this helps in some way but if you need any other help let me know you as well cosmo ;)

Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby SolarPortal » 04 Sep 2015, 20:53

Cool, it feels like new AI's are being created every day :)

I think the tiger mesh needs to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise using the mesh editor. This will then run at the character instead of sliding towards it :)

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby TattieBoJangle » 04 Sep 2015, 21:02

Yea sp is right it gust means the gizmo is far away from the tiger

**Edit** just tested it there and it works fine the mesh deforms in the mesh editor but when you reload the model in the scene it runs after you the correct way :D
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby SolarPortal » 04 Sep 2015, 21:32

yes, there seems to be many errors with viewing now in the mesh editor. This might need some time for fixing lol :P So much work hehe :P

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby Gtox » 05 Sep 2015, 07:49

@Tattie - did you use the fbx file or the mesh file? The fbx file is facing the wrong direction, which I corrected in the mesh editor, so the mesh file faces the right way.
Gtox
Skyline Padawan

Postby TattieBoJangle » 05 Sep 2015, 16:24

Yea m8 sent it back in pm you will see what I mean when you run the death animation ;) other than that its a great model.
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Return to Actions n Presets