The place to post mesh,and animation related hints and problems.

Mesh question

Mesh question

Postby TattieBoJangle » 14 Nov 2015, 21:58

Hi guys I know there is a way of making multiple meshes joined so its one but is there a way to say join them move it around and unjoin them so they go back to multiple sections.

The reason I ask is I am working with lots of sections and it would be nice to lock them so you can move and rotate it as one :D
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Re: Mesh question

Postby SolarPortal » 15 Nov 2015, 10:35

No, currently there is no way of doing this.

Truthfully, you should be able to muilti rotate without joining meshes into one, and the system you are after is the grouping system we are wanting to make.

There are many systems we will be adding to improve the scene editing and also the performance by being able to bake multiple meshes into a batched static that will use very little batches unlike the current bake mesh. Which simply bakes them with no performance gain.

I will think on this and will most likely adding the multi rotate and grouping as scenes users are making are getting larger :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Re: Mesh question

Postby TattieBoJangle » 15 Nov 2015, 22:50

I will think on this and will most likely adding the multi rotate and grouping as scenes users are making are getting larger :)

This would be great m8 and exactly what I need to rotate multi items without them individually rotating :D
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: Great creative

Return to Mesh + Animation