Any information on the Skyline visual mechanics module system. Post here if you need help with modules or are showing new your modules or graphs, tricks etc.

issues with module coding

issues with module coding

Postby 54newstar » 28 Nov 2015, 01:48

So I was getting ready to use the module system in the sky engine and followed the basic tutorials of print on screen. How ever it did not due what the video did. I followed it and it failed or I failed. I am thinking that this a me issue and not a engine issue but I am still having issues and the video is in silent mode.....sorry I prefer audio or a pdf manual.

I made a video about it so you guys could correct my mistakes, the module coding is toward the end.

(just click the green button that says watch https://www.mediafire.com/?f0u55ajv31ii0to
54newstar
Skyline Novice

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Animator
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Audio

Re: issues with module coding

Postby Shando » 28 Nov 2015, 05:20

Hi 54newstar,

I think it must be a bug since it does the same for me.

@SP @SF - I also tried the Console Print and that printed "Text" as well.

Regards

Shando
Ryzen 7 4800H 16GB GTX1650 Win 11 64
Love, Hope, Strength http://www.lovehopestrength.co.uk
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Programmer
Skill: Scripter

Postby SolarPortal » 28 Nov 2015, 15:45

Hi 54NewStar,

We like what you have said in the video and we have took note of the many workflows from you and will see how things can be improved :)

The next update for the module system has many improvements and fixes and will be released by mid-next week. When working we have found many glitches which stop things working as well.

I will run this test myself to see if it is fixed :)

Edit: one thing i notice is that you need to press return in order for the Text variable to register ;)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist

Postby StarFire » 28 Nov 2015, 19:15

Hi and welcome 54NewStar :D

We have have improved the text module so that data is sent as soon as the module loses focus and fixed the not displaying issue.

The module system has had a big update with new modules and essential fixes that was stopping them from performing correctly. It is a very new system so will have a few teething problems but once it works as well as it does in my head it will be awesome :lol:
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative

Postby 54newstar » 29 Nov 2015, 00:59

Okay for those having issues after you are done coding (press the enter key) then play the scene, then it will work.

Thanks guys.

SolarPortal wrote:Hi 54NewStar,

We like what you have said in the video and we have took note of the many workflows from you and will see how things can be improved :)

The next update for the module system has many improvements and fixes and will be released by mid-next week. When working we have found many glitches which stop things working as well.

I will run this test myself to see if it is fixed :)

Edit: one thing i notice is that you need to press return in order for the Text variable to register ;)
54newstar
Skyline Novice

Skill: Animator
Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Audio

Postby SolarPortal » 29 Nov 2015, 16:40

Glad you got it working. We have changed the text value to store the string when you click off the widget or press return like you do, so in your workflow; you could type hi there and then press play without pressing return and the value would update and change.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Visual Mechanics